American IT Solutions, Inc is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for a position in Princeton, NJ. These are 6-12+ month contract assignments. The Data Acquisition programming group is responsible for developing enterprise systems that support a Global Data organization. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Developer to design and build web-based multi-tiered applications and tools that will be used by Global Data analysts to create products. Candidates must have at least 5 years experience in developing and troubleshooting high quality, distributed and scale-able applications.
Candidates should also be familiar with techniques for integrating existing mission critical systems. Building applications for large distributed processing systems is a must. The developer will be involved in the full system lifecycle, including system design, coding, testing and production support.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
· Strong object oriented analysis, design skills and data structures
· At least 5 years of Core Java Programming Skills in Unix/Linux environment
· Very Strong Core Java Skills: Garbage collection, Serialization, Threading NIO, concurrency package, class loader, JIT compilers, optimizations
· Experience developing multi-threaded applications (knowledge of fundamentals of threads is assumed)
· Experience developing distributed, high-performance multi-tiered applications using caching schemes like memcache and Oracle Coherence Cache
· Understanding and use of Design Patterns and enterprise integration patterns
· Strong database skills including writing SQL
· Unix Programming Skills and Admin Skills: Shell Scripts, Perl, awk, sed
· Understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP and Network programming
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Team player and the ability to communicate effectively
· Exposure to C/C++ programming on Unix; System Calls, memory, CPU profiling
Other desirable skills include:
· Accountability and ownership of solutions, design, project and team success.
· Experience using Eclipse, Git
- US Citizen and Green Card Holders Only! No H1-B Candidates will be considered at this time.