Sr. Oracle Developer (PL/SQL, 10g, 11g)
Title: Oracle DB Programmer
Location: Princeton, NJ area
Pay Rate: $65 to $70 per hour. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Important: All candidates submitted must be able to pass a criminal background check, credit check, and can pass a drug screen. The end client is well known in the financial world and this is standard process in the Financial Industry.
We are looking for a fulltime onsite Oracle DB Programmer for our client office located in the Princeton, NJ area. This is a long term engagement; twelve months plus, with potential right to hire. The client company is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. It’s network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. They client company has been named three times to the FORTUNE list of "100 Best Companies to Work For in America."
The Data Acquisition programming group is responsible for developing enterprise systems that support the client's Global Data organization. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Developer to design and build web-based multi-tiered applications and tools that will be used by Global Data analysts to create client products.
You will be involved in the full system lifecycle, including system design, coding, testing and production support.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years experience in developing and troubleshooting high quality, distributed and scalable applications.
- Candidates should also be familiar with techniques for integrating existing mission critical systems.
- Experience building applications for large distributed processing systems is a must.
- Strong Computer Science Background. Equal to BS/MS – Computer Science
- Extremely Strong PL/SQL skills and Stored Procedure development
- Experience supporting Oracle PL/SQL code in high volume client-facing applications
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing stored procedures implemented to return complex data structures to middleware
- Performance tuning and query optimization Oracle 10g and 11g
- Data Modeling skills and normalizations
- Design of high performance Stored Procedure code that is deadlock free in a highly concurrent environment
- Physical database design issues, de-normalization, materialized views, judgements on costs, benefits, analysis and tradeoffs
- Data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams
- Problem solving skill is the must
- Java/J2EE experience is a big plus
Click to apply
Posted on Thu, March 21, 2013
by admin filed under