American IT Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Windows Administrator for a contract that will run through the end of 2013. This is an immediate need. Our client is a fast paced, finacial organization with global reach supporting cutting edge technologies. Please submit updated resumes with hourly rate requirements. All candidates must have the ability to pass background (financial, criminal) checks required by the client. We do not have the ability to work with H1B candidates at this time.
Senior Windows Administrator
We are seeking a senior onsite Windows Administrator in the NYC area with 10 + years experience. This is a (6-12) month onsite engagement. Candidate must have experience with Clustering, Active Directory, Automation, 2008-2012 migration and VB/powershell scripting. Knowledge of HP Blade systems and Proliant servers is required. Understanding of System Insight Manager and Integrated lights out iLo is a real plus.
1. Provides specialized systems support for the implementation, administration, and operation of development and production systems through the following activities:
- Coordinating the activities of systems management staff, including planning future projects, scheduling conflicting and interdependent tasks, monitoring work in progress, and training staff on system administrative and operational procedures.
- Performing complex troubleshooting tasks related to system and data communications hardware and software and providing technical support to other staff in areas where additional technical expertise is needed.
- Assisting in documenting system administrative and operational procedures including areas of system hardware implementation, system software installation and maintenance, production software deployment, production system configuration and administration, production system monitoring, and development system administration.
- Coordinating with third-party hosting services and hardware and software product vendors to respond to events and resolve issues that arise in the use of those services and products in the operation of systems.
- Acting as project leader on new equipment specification, acquisition, and installation, including evaluation of current and proposed hardware and software requirements, and testing and evaluating products for their applicability to needs.
1. Develops and prepares analytical and statistical reports concerning hardware performance and system throughput capability to assist systems management with long and short term capacity planning and performance / scalability objectives for both development and production systems.
2. Assists in supervising system management operations and provides leadership in handling issues as they occur
3. Maintains current knowledge of developments in the field
4. Participates in special project and performs other duties as assigned.
5. High level of expertise in management of Windows 2008 and 2012 operating systems.
6. Writes and maintains advanced scripts in Powershelll and VBscripting scripting languages.
- Through knowledge of formal principles and practices/techniques in system and network concepts and technology.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to perform advanced research that involves interpretation and analysis from a variety of sources, including sources and/or data that need to be developed.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit technical documentation.
Click here to apply
Posted on Tue, February 26, 2013
by admin filed under