Job Title: Sr. Systems Business Analyst (2 openings)
Location: Hartford, CT
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: Long term contract (6 to 12 months – possible contract to hire)
Our Bond & Financial Products division is looking for a self-motivated Business Systems Analyst to work on our Bond & Financial Products Systems. This position will report up to the manager in charge of our Business Analyst team, and will work closely with our Bond & Financial Products business customers, as well as with the Development, Project Management, Architecture, and Quality Assurance teams within the IT organization. The Business Systems Analyst will work in a team environment analyzing business problems, devising solutions, creating documents, and supporting software development work with the overall goal of ensuring that the Bond & Financial Products systems deliver the functionality that both our internal and external customers need. This individual will be expected to become an expert on the customers business, products and workflow, and then use that knowledge by teaming up with others in the IT organization to build and maintain systems.
The major roles and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Analyze business needs and processes, and develop detailed requirements documentation for changes, enhancements, and new development.
- Support requirements for Waterfall, Incremental and Agile SCRUM/KANBAN software delivery lifecycles.
- Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems solutions are advisable and available.
- Complete multiple simple to average tasks in the time allocated to accomplish results.
- Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of new workflows.
- Support both large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work simultaneously.
- Assist the planning and execution of testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues with the development and QA teams.
- Assist and support the definition, development, and implementation of systems-based and non- systems-based solutions.
- Build close working relationships with both business and IT partners.
- Build understanding of the business unit supported.
Critical Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree plus 5 or more years' experience performing business systems analysis.
- Experience with following areas is must:
o Enterprise analysis, requirements management planning and monitoring
o Requirements elicitation.
o Requirements management and communication.
o Requirements analysis.
o Solution assessment and validation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style.
- Understands the impact of technical solutions on business workflows.
- Supports change through collaboration, brainstorming, asking questions, and thinking outside of the box.
- Accurately assesses and adapts to change while maintaining stability and integrity.
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities within assignments and Balances individual responsibilities.
- Provides management with accurate and timely status information.
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives and puts success of team above own interest.
- Ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Waterfall, Incremental and Agile SCRUM/KANBAN software delivery lifecycles, specifically the role of a Business Systems Analyst in that process.
- Ability to embrace feedback, and desire to further develop skills.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and/or components of a problem of simple to complex category and develop a logical solution.
- Some project and management experience is beneficial.
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage more junior employee and consultant resources.
Our Business Analysts work in a team environment where they are jointly responsible for the delivery of quality solutions adhering to project timelines and budget. Business Analysts may work individually or with other business analysts, depending on the scope and complexity of the project.
We currently have a number of challenging and exciting initiatives planned for the coming year using Waterfall, Incremental and Agile SCRUM/KANBAN software delivery lifecycles. If you are a self starter, willing to work hard, committed to providing the best customer service, then this is a position for you. Some of the exciting projects in Bond include Web Portal, Data Warehouse, e-Commerce/Mobile initiatives, Application Redesigns, Line of Business Technology Enhancements and System rewrites.
Click to Apply
Posted on Wed, February 13, 2013
by admin filed under